Birketts has an in-house Tax Team who compliment the services offered across the firm with specialist advice.
Personal Taxation Services for Individuals
The team has expanded in recent years and incorporates a wealth of experience of personal and trust taxation. The team is well placed to offer assistance both in advising and planning ahead of an event and attending to the tax compliance obligations thereafter. We advise on specific transactions and tax planning around capital gains tax and income tax for a wide range of individuals and trusts. We can act on your behalf with HM Revenue and Customs to ease you through the process. This can include anything from Trust Registration and the new 30-day Capital Gains Tax reporting obligations to assisting with a tax enquiry.
Working primarily alongside the wider Private Client team, we assist and advise in areas such as:
- assisting trust beneficiaries with compliance obligations stemming from their trust income
- support Executors with their tax compliance obligations
- actively seek opportunities to mitigate tax liabilities for Trustees, Executors and Individuals
- a bespoke suite of administration delegation for trustees
- holistic tax planning for high net worth individuals
- inheritance tax planning
- capital gains tax planning
- income tax planning
- residence, domicile and their tax consequences
- self-assessment tax returns for Trustees, Executors and Individuals
- the consequences of international tax disclosure agreements.
Birketts LLP has ‘in-depth knowledge wrapped in a blanket of commerciality’.
Legal 500 [UK 2022]