Planning & Environmental
We are a team of specialists, drawn both from the public and private sector providing high quality, practical advice and representation on all aspects of planning law and environmental law.
Planning & Environmental Services for Business
The team is regularly instructed by developers, land owners and local planning authorities. We offer a full service encompassing all aspects of planning law and environmental law and provide practical, solution-focussed advice at a competitive price. We are experienced in providing support for planning applications and appeals, section 106 Agreements and planning enforcement, but have much wider and more specialised expertise as is demonstrated from the examples below:
- Acting for a local planning authority in a S.288 High Court Challenge to a decision to grant an appeal against refusal of a Certificate of Lawfulness.
- Acting for a local planning authority in a judicial review challenge to a grant of an Integrated Pollution Prevention and Control Permit.
- Advising and representing a defendant in respect of an environment agency prosecution following a major river pollution incident.
- Appealing on behalf of our client an enforcement notice requiring the receipt of waste at a waste transfer station to cease.
- Acting for a farmer client in defence of an injunction being sought to restrain the use of farmland as an airfield.
- Quashing on our client’s behalf a planning authority’s assertion of non implementation of a planning consent to a barn conversion after the expiry of the time limit for implementation and in light of a revised local plan that would have made the reissue of such a permission impossible.
Birketts is a fantastic firm with so many quality people to call upon, whatever your need is. I have worked with a number of Birketts solicitors across several disciplines, and they are the only firm I would trust on my most important projects.
Legal 500 [UK 2024]