Handling Subject Access Requests
The aim of this course is to ensure that managers fully understand how to approach a subject access request and are able to prepare a legally compliant response.
Why choose this course?
It is little surprise that SARs are the single most common cause of complaints to the Information Commissioner’s Office. With the number of SARs on the rise and the need to meet strict statutory deadlines when responding to them, it has never been more important to make sure that your staff can recognise and manage SARs correctly and efficiently.
This is a highly practical half-day course which uses case studies and examples to demonstrate the application of the rules in practice. It is designed for management level staff who may be responsible for responding to SARs.
- Understanding the right of access and identifying valid requests
- Calculating deadlines, verifying requestor authority and identity, clarifying requests and applying the “stop the clock” rule
- Extending the deadline
- Scoping and conducting searches
- Reviewing data and applying exemptions
- Preparing and delivering the formal response
- Dealing with difficult issues, vexatious requests and managing risks