An Introduction to NEC Contracts
Why choose this course?
This course provides delegates with an understanding of the NEC suite of contracts.
It will help delegates to identify where risks are commonly passed to the contractor,
and how such risks can be mitigated, as well as giving tips on the best way to operate
This course is particularly suited to contractors that are looking to engage on the basis of NEC forms of contract.
- An overview of the general principles behind NEC contracts and the changes between NEC3 and NEC4
- A review of the core options of the Engineering and Construction Contract (“ECC”)
- A review with delegates of each section of the ECC and discussion around the issues commonly raised
- Consideration of a set of typical standard amendments to the NEC4 ECC with the focus on the allocation of risk
- Overview of the law on design liability and a discussion of skill and care/fitness for purpose clauses
- The course will finish with a discussion about contract administration and the key documents it is essential for a contractor to issue when working under NEC forms of contract.
To discuss any of your training requirements, please contact Stefan Harris-Wright.