Avoiding Bias in
Why choose this course?
Organisations are increasingly conscious of the impact of bias in the workplace. One area where bias can have a pervasive impact is in recruitment practices.
This session looks at the processes an organisation should consider adopting to avoid allegations of discrimination and bias and to showcase itself as an inclusive recruiter. This session is perfect for managers who are expected to be involved in recruitment decisions, whether they are experienced or new to the role.
- Understanding the legal framework and the forms of discrimination which can apply in a recruitment scenario: a look at the key stages of job adverts/ criteria, assessments and interviews
- Taking a step back, considering and drawing up effective and unbiased job criteria
- Understanding the unique issues of disability discrimination in recruitment: a look at neurodiversity and mental health
- How unconscious bias interferes with reasoned decision making and how to avoid its impact
- A look at the documentary evidence a Tribunal would expect to see from an unbiased recruitment process
- Understanding micro-aggressions and the impact they can have on candidates