You can download a map with directions to our Chelmsford office here.
Solicitors in Chelmsford
Birketts is widely-regarded as one of the top tier law firms in Chelmsford. Our team of lawyers and solicitors in Chelmsford specialise in corporate and commercial law, dispute resolution, property law (both commercial and residential conveyancing), agricultural law, wills and estate planning and family law. We also have expertise in banking and finance, intellectual property, IT and telecoms, insolvency and corporate recovery, EU and competition law, contentious trusts and probate, construction, immigration and professional negligence. Our industry sector expertise includes food and drink, energy, automotive and insurance and public sector.
Watch our short video to discover how Birketts can help you.
Birketts is recognised as one of the top UK law firms
Birketts is the only full service, top 100 law firm in Essex.
The Chelmsford office opened in September 2010 following the merger between the Essex-based law firm Wollastons and Birketts.
Legal 500 [UK 2021]
Chambers [UK 2021]
- The only firm to be ranked in band 1 for Agriculture, Essex.
- Also ranked in the top tier in East Anglia for Construction, Corporate / M&A:Mid Market and Private Equity, Crime, Employment, Environment, Litigation, Planning, Private Wealth Law, Real Estate Litigation, Restructuring / Insolvency and Social Housing.
Chambers High Net Worth [UK 2020]
- Partner, Tim Galloway is ranked in band 1 for his Private Wealth expertise.
- Susan Young is named an 'Associate to Watch' in Private Wealth.
- Birketts are the only Solicitors ranked for Private Wealth law: Essex (band 1).
Partner Grace Kerr is the office’s representative on the management board.
As solicitors in Chelmsford the community is very important to us. As well as operating a charitable fund – The Birketts Charitable Fund – administered by the Essex Community Foundation and supporting locally based charitable projects.