This course gives delegates a general understanding of key legal issues that arise while negotiating and operating construction contracts. It assists delegates in negotiating the terms of construction contracts as well as operating them in the most effective manner to maximise returns and minimise disputes.
This course is particularly suited to contractors and sub-contractors, but is useful for any party that is involved in negotiating, operating or otherwise dealing with construction contracts.
The course is in two parts: the first covers general legal principles and the second provides an overview of the Construction Act.
Part 1 – General Legal Principles
- Pre-contract offer and acceptance
- Overview of the different forms of procurement
- Types of construction contracts
- Common terms found in construction contracts
- Dispute resolution in the construction industry
Part 2 - The Construction Act
- Payment terms
To discuss any of your training requirements, please contact Stefan Harris-Wright.