Ceri is a Legal Director in Birketts’ Commercial Litigation and Dispute Resolution Team.
Ceri specialises in complex litigation in the High Court in addition to managing disputes using mediation and other forms of alternative dispute resolution. Ceri frequently advises clients in relation to dispute avoidance and risk management so that potential issues are avoided or resolved at an early stage.
The core of Ceri’s practice is substantial contractual disputes. Ceri’s cases frequently involve an international element. Examples of the matters Ceri advises on are shareholder and partnership disputes, professional negligence claims, commercial disputes, misrepresentation, enforcement of restrictive covenants and disputes arising from mergers and acquisitions.
Ceri acts for both individuals and businesses across a range of sectors including financial services, logistics, technology, energy, utilities, property, leisure and marine.
Ceri is a skilled litigator who uses her experience to help her clients navigate a broad range of contentious issues by providing clear, pragmatic advice.
Ceri experience includes:
- Unfair prejudice petitions, acting for claimants and defendants.
- Defending high value claims for breach of warranty.
- Acting on a strike out applications including applications founded upon a challenge to jurisdiction.
- Successfully defending an application for expedited trial.
- Assisting a client in its defence and resolution of multiple claims from an energy supplier.
- Advising clients upon termination of a broad range of commercial arrangements.