Caroline joined Birketts in November 2019 as a Senior Associate in our Corporate Team in Chelmsford.
Prior to joining Birketts, Caroline trained and qualified at a London-based international law firm where she gained substantial experience advising a variety of UK and international clients on a wide range of corporate transactions, including acquisitions, disposals, restructures and reorganisations, joint ventures, partnerships, equity capital markets flotations and fundraisings and private equity investments. After London, Caroline worked at an Essex based firm where she advised businesses from a variety of industry sectors, including the agricultural, hotel, care home and construction sectors on corporate and commercial matters.
Caroline has further specific expertise advising sports clubs, community amateur sports associations and sports based charities on conversion, restructurings and general governance matters.
Experience highlights include advising on the following:
- Significant share sale disposal of a fuel forecourt construction company.
- Restructuring of a number of golf clubs from an unincorporated association or company limited by guarantee to a tax efficient holding company and trading subsidiary structure.
- Conversion of partnerships to limited liability partnerships and advising partnerships and LLPs generally on putting in place new or amended partnership agreements.
- Substantial acquisition by an international hotel group of a London hotel.
- Restructuring of a national building engineering and consultancy company on its proposed restructuring of its business as part of a senior staff incentive scheme.
- Disposal of an established regional security services company.
- Significant UK asset sale disposal of a large US based crop management services business.
- Share buyback for a number of clients including dealing with resolution of contentious exit of former shareholders.
- Joint ventures for a number of clients (both individual and corporate entities), advising on the terms of new shareholders’ agreements, subscription agreements and Articles of Association.
- Acquisition and admission to trading on AIM of a football club and advising on various other legal, company and commercial documentation and arrangements.
- Share acquisition of a UK ship and oilrig supply operation.
- Acquisition of a European aviation business by way of a share purchase and associated business and asset purchase.
- Acquisition of a substantial stake in a UK Premiership football club and subsequent stake building advice in relation to the acquisition and disclosure of shares.
- Public takeover of a quoted steel trading company including advising on the cash recommended offer documentation, the compulsory acquisition process, delisting and re-registration from a public to private company.
- Advising on a number of capital market placings.