Jo attended the London School of Economics followed by the College of Law in London. Jo trained in a top City law firm and qualified as a Solicitor in 1995. After qualification, Jo spent the first half of her legal career working at various City law firms and living in London. Jo moved to Suffolk over six years ago and worked at a large regional firm before joining Birketts in 2019.
Jo has extensive knowledge and expertise in the following areas:
- Conditional and unconditional acquisitions and disposals.
- Strategic land planning and option agreements.
- Overage agreements and pre-emption arrangements.
- Mixed use site assembly and development.
- Real estate finance acting for both banks and borrow.
- Strategic long term development projects.
- Corporate acquisitions and disposals.
- Landlord and Tenant matters for both individual and corporate clients.
- Acting for County Councils and District Councils on high value commercial initiatives.
Jo represents a range of clients including commercial landlords and tenants, developers, property investors, lenders and local authorities. Jo’s property finance work includes advising property investors on both the funding of their acquisitions and the refinance of their property portfolios. Jo liaises closely with our Banking Team and Corporate Team as well as with our Planning Team and Construction Team in order to provide a commercially focused service to clients on complex transactions.