Laura joined Birketts in September 2018 as a Trainee Solicitor and qualified as a Solicitor into the Employment Team in September 2020. In addition to undertaking two seats in the Employment Team, Laura also gained experience in our Corporate Team and Employee Incentives Team.
Laura has assisted with a range of matters advising both employers and employees on a variety of both contentious and non-contentious matters, including:
- drafting and reviewing contracts of employment and policies to ensure that they are legally compliant and fit for purpose;
- drafting, negotiating and advising on settlement agreements;
- handling claims made to the Employment Tribunal, including unfair and wrongful dismissal, whistleblowing, harassment and discrimination;
- running bulk settlement agreement projects and redundancy projects; and
- advising on all types of incentive arrangements.
Laura is based in our Ipswich office.