Leanne joined Birketts in September 2016 as a Trainee Solicitor. Following a six month training seat, Leanne qualified as a Solicitor in the Commercial Property Team in October 2018.
Since qualifying into the team, Leanne has been involved in a wide variety of real estate work and has gained considerable experience in:
- land acquisitions and disposals (including exercising options and first registrations of title);
- multi-million pound property investment acquisitions, assisting with the due-diligence;
- acting for private sector landlords and tenants in the granting of business leases;
- landlord and tenant portfolio work (including port, industrial and retail estates);
- corporate support work in connection with business acquisitions and refinancing exercises; and
- dealing with adhoc title queries.
Leanne therefore represents a range of clients including house-builders, property investors, commercial landlords, commercial tenants and private individuals. She partakes in business development events with a number of clients and also attends networking events in the area.
Leanne’s other responsibilities within the team include supporting a number of client relationship managers by overseeing the monthly and quarterly progress reports for their well-established clients, as well as being a point of contact for day-to-day queries that arise. She also supports the team in a tech ambassador role, assisting colleagues with the uptake of technology that is available of Birketts.
Leanne also partakes in a number of firm-wide charitable events, including the Walking with the Wounded Cumbrian and Christmas Challenges and volunteering at the Race for Business. She also utilises her corporate social responsibility days to volunteer in the local community, most recently helping out at a “fun week” for disadvantaged children.
Leanne is based in our Ipswich office, but also works from the Chelmsford office.