Hugo joined Birketts’ London Corporate Team as an Associate in September 2021. He qualified as a Solicitor in England in 2017 and has practiced corporate law in the City since January 2018. In his career to date he has gained extensive experience in public and private M&A (including deals with international aspects), corporate real estate, joint ventures, corporate finance, venture capital and general commercial work.
In his career, Hugo has acted in the following matters, among others:
- A prominent City corporate real estate transaction with a total value of over £1 billion.
- Representing the sellers of a listed UK-US-German biosciences company in a transaction valued around €120 million.
- Numerous other M&A transactions, ranging from acquisitions of international listed companies, to the founders of owner-managed businesses looking to sell out and retire.
- A joint venture and development management agreement valued at over £100 million.
- Representing a renewable technology startup in negotiating a joint venture with a foreign government.
- Assisting start-ups with obtaining financing from VC funds and the Future Fund and, in other transactions, representing VC funds in their proposed financings of startups.
Beyond the headline transactions described above, Hugo has considerable experience in day-to-day corporate drafting and advice-giving.