Stathis joined Birketts in June 2021. He is a Paralegal in our Social Housing Team and is based in our London office. Stathis deals with a variety of social housing matters for housing association and local authority clients, including:
- Assisting and defending disrepair claims.
- Assisting in the running of possession or forfeiture claims.
- Supporting organisations with ASB and access injunctions.
- Supporting organisation with the recovery of rent and service charge arrears.
- Providing general advice to clients on repairing covenants and other obligations.
Prior to joining Birketts Stathis worked for two years as a solicitor’s advocate gaining a variety of property and commercial law experience while arguing client cases before District Judge’s in various County Courts across London and the South-East. Stathis was primarily involved in mortgage disputes, landlord and tenant matters and various civil procedure issues including directions hearings, enforcement proceedings and set aside applications. This variety of work was done along with return of goods hearings, infant approval work and insolvency disputes.