Faye joined Birketts in September 2019 as a Trainee Solicitor. Her first seat was with our Agriculture and Estates Team in Norwich. Faye’s experience includes assisting with:
- farm and land acquisitions and disposals (including options and overage);
- agricultural tenancies;
- agricultural banking and finance;
- succession planning; and
- more general estate management matters (such as registrations of land).
Her second seat was with the Corporate Team in our Norwich and Cambridge offices, where she has worked particularly on commercial agreements, for example advising on:
- terms and conditions (from both a supplier and customer perspective);
- IPR licences;
- membership terms and conditions for a golf club;
- venue hire terms and conditions;
- Software as a Service agreements; and
- documents required on a website (such as terms and conditions, acceptable use policies, cookie policies and privacy policies).
Faye’s current seat is with the Dispute Resolution Team in our Norwich office, where she will be assisting in a wide range of disputes such as:
- professional negligence claims;
- breach of contract claims; and
- debt recovery.
Faye will also be helping our specialist Contentious Trust and Probate Team on matters such as:
- claims under the Inheritance (Provision for Family and Dependants) Act 1975;
- challenges to the validity of Wills on grounds of undue influence; and
- lack of knowledge and approval and breaches of Trustees’ duties.