Laura is a Senior Associate Solicitor based in the Employment Team in our Norwich office.
Laura has been commended for being “personal and approachable” and clients appreciate her concise, pragmatic and commercial advice.
Having qualified in 2009, Laura has developed a wealth of experience and works closely with HR professionals, managers and owners of businesses to:
- Ensure that all employment documentation (contracts of employment, staff handbooks, training agreements, confidentiality documentation, bonus schedules, employee privacy notices) are fit for purpose.
- Guide and advise on employment law processes, such as performance, conduct, grievances and disciplinaries.
- Assist when clients face major changes which will impact on staff including restructures and redundancies.
- Deal with issues on termination of employment including confidentiality and restrictive covenants.
- Advise on TUPE and the employment elements of corporate mergers, acquisitions, in/outsourcing.
- Litigate and negotiate on contentious matters including employment tribunal litigation, bonuses disputes and grievances.
Laura has a range of clientele including private businesses and public organisations. She advises within a number of different industries including technology, education, energy and renewables, motor, manufacturing and food sectors.
Examples of Laura’s recent work include:
- Guided a large business through a complex collective redundancy process which resulted in a number of redundancies.
- Advised and assisted an international company on a major restructure.
- Litigated on a volatile dispute between directors which led to the negotiation of a settlement.
- Provided advice to a public sector employer who had a number of poorly performing employees.
- Acted for a senior executive in respect of an allegation she had breached restrictive covenants.
- Provided detailed TUPE advice and prepared relevant documentation on a high value corporate deal.
- Advised in relation to the employment status of a “consultant” and relevant IR35 tax matters.
- Produced a number of furlough leave agreements and provided urgent advice on furlough government guidance.
- Trained staff at a large food manufacturer on the Modern Slavery Act 2015 and the implications for that business for failing to take steps to avoid slavery and trafficking do not take place within its supply chain.
Laura recognises that the efficiency and success of a business can largely depend upon the staff it employs. As such, Laura holds Shaping Excellence training courses for managers and staff on various topics including equality and diversity, the Modern Slavery Act 2010, and employment law essentials.