Laura’s clients commend her for being “personal and approachable”and appreciate her concise, pragmatic and commercial advice.
Laura prides herself on building relationships with her clients (whether they are a large corporate or smaller, growing business) to ensure that she understands their needs.
Since qualifying into the Employment Law Team in 2009, Laura has developed a wealth of experience and advises on all areas of employment law. Examples of Laura’s work include:
- ensuring that employment documentation is fit for purpose
- guiding clients through complex employment law processes
- assisting clients when they face major staff changes, such as restructure and redundancy
- dealing with issues on termination of employment including confidentiality, training agreements and restrictive covenants
- advising on corporate transactional matters including mergers and acquisitions, TUPE, and in/outsourcing.
She also has extensive experience in contentious matters including tribunal litigation, bonus disputes, discrimination and equality and complex grievances, and regularly provides advice to businesses and individuals on settlement agreements. In addition, Laura has a particular interest in advising businesses on modern slavery.
Laura recognises that the efficiency and success of a business can largely depend upon the staff it employs. As such, Laura holds Shaping Excellence training courses for managers and staff on various topics including equality and diversity, the Modern Slavery Act 2010, and employment law essentials.
Laura is based at our Norwich office.