Marie McMahon (nee Batchelor) is a Senior Associate in our Dispute Resolution Team and undertakes a range of contentious work, in addition to her specialist area of contentious trusts and probate. Marie acts for both individuals and corporate entities and adapts her advice to suit the specific needs of her clients. Contested court proceedings are sometimes unavoidable but Marie has experience in advising clients on a range of alternative dispute resolution procedures, including mediation, and is a big advocate for the same in the right circumstances.
Marie is an Associate member of ACTAPS (the Association of Contentious Trust and Probate Specialists) and has particular experience in advising clients in relation to:
- Claims under the Inheritance (Provision for Family and Dependants) Act 1975;
- Will disputes arising from allegations of undue influence, lack of testamentary capacity, lack of knowledge or approval, invalid procedure and fraud;
- Breach of Personal Representative/Trustee duties;
- Variation of Trusts Act Applications;
- Applications for the substitution and removal of Personal Representatives or Trustees;
- Contested Powers of Attorney;
- Applications to the Court of Protection;
- Rectification of wills and trusts.
Marie also has a range of experience advising clients in relation to professional negligence, contractual and tortious disputes, partnership and shareholder disputes and debt recovery.
Marie is based at our Norwich office.
Marie is currently on maternity leave.