Sarah joined Birketts in March 2021. She is a Paralegal in our Property department and works in the Social Housing Team. Sarah deals with a variety of social housing matters for housing association and local authority clients, including:
- Progressing shared ownership plot sales from reservation to completion.
- Final and interim staircasing.
- Infrastructure agreements.
- Single unit acquisitions and disposals.
- Deeds of variation.
- Right to Buy/Right to Acquire disposals including post-completion matters such as discount repayment, the right of first refusal, and remortgage.
Prior to joining Birketts Sarah worked for the largest housing association in the country where she specialised in dealing with Right to Buy/Right to Acquire matters from the point of application through to completion. She also gained knowledge of dealing with post completion issues such as discount repayment, the right of first refusal and remortgage. In addition, Sarah gained valuable experience dealing with all manner of leasehold management and shared ownership enquiries.
Sarah attended the University of East Anglia where she graduated with an LLB in Law. She later went on to study at the University of Law and achieved a distinction in the Legal Practice Course (with LLM in Professional Legal Practice).