Trading online or through wireless technology, whether b2b or b2c, is an increasingly important route to the market for many businesses, and is the sole route for some.
In an increasingly regulated sector, it is important for businesses to ensure that they are trading lawfully, and at the same time taking advantage of the opportunities that new technologies present. By understanding the online market place, and the evolving technology and methods used to maximise online sales, our lawyers are able to give practical, relevant and up to date advice on these issue, including:
- domain names
- intellectual property, copyright/database rights, trade marks, licensing and enforcement
- competition law
- jurisdiction and governing law issues
- the E-commerce Regulations and Distance Selling Regulations
- online terms and conditions of use, sale and supply
- online payment systems
- data protection and privacy laws
- security issues
- website hosting agreements
- framing and linking agreements
- acceptable use policies
- development and content agreements
- keyword advertising issues.