Katherine joined Birketts in July 2023. She is a Paralegal in the Social Housing Team and is based in our Norwich Office. Katherine deals with a variety of social housing matters for housing association and local authority clients, including:
- Assisting and defending disrepair claims.
- Assisting in the running of possession or forfeiture claims.
- Supporting organisations with ASB and access injunctions.
- Supporting organisations with the recovery of rent and service charge arrears.
- Providing general advice to clients on repairing covenants and other obligations.
Katherine studied History at the University of East Anglia, where she graduated with an Upper Second-Class Honours degree in 2022. She then went on to complete the Graduate Diploma in Legal Studies at the University of East Anglia, achieving a Commendation. Prior to joining Birketts, Katherine gained valuable legal experience as a volunteer for Norfolk Citizens Advice. Katherine is an aspiring solicitor and aims to undertake the SQE and follow the route to qualification.
Outside of work, Katherine enjoys walking her cocker spaniel, and reading the works of Agatha Christie. She also has an interest in Italian Renaissance art and architecture.