- Other Information
Katie works with predominately with statutory undertakers, including: IDNO’s (Independent Distribution Network Operators), DNO’s (Distribution Network Operators), water suppliers, code operators and gas transporters as well as developers and landowners to assist them in obtaining Land Rights in utility-based property transactions. These include transactions for the provision of electricity gas, fibre, water and heat networks across large scale commercial and residential development sites through the drafting and negotiation of the following:
- Freehold and leasehold acquisitions of operational land
- Deeds of Easements and Wayleaves for infrastructures services including water, gas, electricity, fibre, heat and for EV
- Heads of Terms and Consideration Agreements
- Supplemental Deeds including relocation of operational land, variations to equipment routes and surrenders
- Licences to Work, Underlet and Alter
Working within this niche practice area enables Katie to take a commercial and pragmatic approach to advising clients as Katie understands the pressures on statutory undertakers to deliver connections on time. She works collaboratively with her clients to ensure these objectives are achieved, whilst her in-depth knowledge of the key issues facing the Utilities sector ensures their position is well protected at all times.
Katie completed her LLB law degree at the University of Sussex in 2014 and went on to achieve a Distinction in her LPC at BPP University.
Outside of work, Katie has a keen interest in cycling and enjoys exploring new cities with family and friends.