Kimberley joined Birketts in October 2023 and is a Solicitor in the Employment Team.
Kimberley graduated from the University of Essex with a 2.1 in Law before going on to work at the Crown Prosecution Service and Suffolk Constabulary. Kimberley completed her Legal Practice Course whilst working in the legal team at Suffolk County Council. Having obtained a distinction, Kimberley went on to train at a regional law firm before qualifying as a Solicitor in September 2021 and initially working in their Corporate and Commercial Team. Kimberley started specialising in employment in 2022 and advises both employers and employees on various aspects of employment law including:
- Acting for employees on settlement agreements and negotiating any changes to the terms of the agreement
- Advising employers on TUPE transfers
- Advising employers on disciplinary procedures and assisting both employers and employees with conduct or capability issues
- Reviewing and drafting contracts of employment, consultancy agreements and staff handbooks
- Advising on restrictive covenants
Kimberley can provide specialist advice on a wide range of contentious and non-contentious issues and is based in the Ipswich office.