Take part in the 21st and last ever Birketts’ Race4Business, in support of Little Havens Hospice.
- Mainly flat 3.5 mile course from Chelmsford City Centre.
- Individual and team prizes, including fancy dress.
- No minimum speed or fitness standard.
- Proceeds to Little Havens (registered charity number 1022119)
- Entry fee: £20 per runner.
A message from Little Havens:
When a family has been told that there’s no cure for their child’s illness, Little Havens Hospice can help. We’re here to make the journey as comfortable as possible, controlling pain and medication, offering respite and caring for babies, children and teenagers at the end of their lives. Our specialist care is free – for as long as is needed – within the family home and at our hospice.
We’re a registered charity – not part of the NHS – and receive limited government funding. Our hospice can only exist because of the support and generosity of the community. Together, we’re ‘Making every day count.’
Help us reach our target of £20k by downloading your sponsorship form and setting up a Just Giving page today!
How to register
Registration can be made online using SI Entries, our online registration system. Please note that payments must be made during the booking process using a debit or credit card. If you are registering as part of a team, please remember to include a team name to ensure all individual registrations are linked. Team coordinators are able to book and pay on behalf of their team.
If you are registering for the event for the first time, you will need to sign up to the registration system before you can sign up for the Birketts' Race4Business. If you have registered previously, you will have an ID number; you may request a reminder if required.
- Runners must be over 15 years of age on the day of the race to enter and under 18s must obtain consent of a parent/guardian.
- By completing the online registration, the runner confirms that he/she will be fit to take part and take full responsibility for him/herself and those attending the event with him/her.
- He/she also confirms that to the extent legally capable of exclusion or limitation the organisers are not responsible for any loss or damage, however, arising suffered by him/her or those attending the event with him/her.
- N.B. We regret the course is unsuitable for wheelchair competitors.
- By providing the online registration data you consent to Birketts LLP using it for administrative purposes for this event. Birketts LLP will transfer the data to Havens Hospice for the purpose of communicating with you about this event and fundraising. Participants consent to photographs or video to be used in future marketing or promotional materials for the Race4Business.
The last ever Birketts’ Race4Business. A message from the Race Director, Rafael Ruiz:
Having established the race 21 years ago, and organised it every year since then, we feel that the race has ‘come of age’ and that it is time for us to share our time and resources across a number of local good causes, with less focus on one major event and charity each year. We will expand our CSR and charity initiatives to support a variety of projects, and will of course continue to support the Essex Community Foundation.
When the Race4Business was first dreamt-up in 1998 we had no idea what a success it would be and to have raised almost £600,000 for good causes due to the support of the local business community is staggering. The race has become an annual fixture in the diary for many Essex businesses, as a great opportunity to meet up and have fun with colleagues and other businesses, whilst raising money for charitable causes at the same time. That’s why we are delighted to announce that after partnering with us for this year’s race, Havens Hospices will take on the Race4Business as their own fund raising event in 2020 and beyond.
We very much hope that the business community in Chelmsford and across Essex will come together again to support the Birketts Race4Business this year, and will join us in supporting Havens Hospices to continue the success of the Race4Business in future years. In the meantime we want to express our thanks to all those people who have generously supported the race over the past 21 years.
@race4business #Race4Business Birketts' Race4Business Group