Legal 500: ranked in the top tier for Environmental (East Anglia).
The need to protect and enhance our environment has led to a heavily-regulated landscape in the UK. Clients benefit from our substantial experience, borne from representing some of the largest regional and national companies across a wide variety of environmental regulation issues.
Recent environmental cases for the team include:
- Assisting companies prosecuted for pollution incidents.
- Representing a national construction company in relation to a number of waste management issues.
- Representing individuals facing prosecution for breaching tree preservation orders.
- Advising a large national food business on issues arising out of alleged breaches of permits.
- Prosecuting waste management offences on behalf of a local authority.
Birketts LLP is ‘a very strong firm that is regularly doing work that would usually be reserved for City practices’.
Legal 500 [UK 2022]