An Introduction to JCT Contracts
This course provides delegates with an understanding of the JCT suite of contracts.
Why choose this course?
This course provides delegates with an understanding of the JCT suite of contracts, with a focus on the JCT Design and Build Contract incorporating a review of some typical amendments made. This course will help delegates identify where risks are commonly passed to the contractor, how such risks can be mitigated, and the best way to operate the contract.
This course is particularly suited to contractors that are looking to engage on the basis of JCT forms of contract.
- An overview of the various forms of JCT available and their benefits and pitfalls
- The course will focus on the JCT Design and Build Contract (delegates will be taken through this form of contract)
- A review of typical contract amendments and their impact on the allocation of risk between employer and contractor
- Overview of the law on design liability and a discussion of skill and care/fitness for purpose clauses.
- Discussion on contract administration
- A look at the role of the employer’s agent/contract administrator in JCT contracts
To discuss any of your training requirements, please contact Stefan Harris-Wright.
We have booked two training sessions with
Birketts to date, and will no doubt be looking
to book more as they are simply excellent
Charlie Harrison MRICS (Senior Project Manager) Bidwells