Why choose this course?
A well run and clear investigation report is the foundation for successfully and robustly defending a Tribunal claim brought by an aggrieved employee.
This course, developed in collaboration with our fantastic investigation team (Lorna Townsend, Samantha Cooney) provides invaluable practical insights into how to run a successful investigation. The full day course involves half a day looking at the key ideas underpinning a successful investigation, before we give our attendees the chance to run an investigation themselves looking at a detailed case study with supporting documents, template letters and outcomes. Our attendees love putting their learning into practice in a hugely interactive session. This course is complimented well with a follow up session on Managing Disciplinaries.
- The investigation managers role – where it starts and ends
- Identifying the issues to be investigated
- Carrying out interviews – assessing evidence and credibility
- The investigation report – what to include
- Tricky issues encountered during investigations – recording interviews, unclear allegations
- Our case study: determining the issues to be investigated, assessing evidence there and the evidence missing, determining credibility, looking at what to include in your report
I’ve attended a lot of training in the past but the quality of the training content and delivery of Birketts training is second to none and far exceeded my expectations. My management team have learned a lot from the training as well and their feedback was that Birketts was the first people training they had really enjoyed at the same time as learning a complex subject.