Our commercial practice has wide experience of advising on international contracts.
Our lawyers have vast experience of dealing manufacturers, suppliers, agents, distributors, licensors across different parts of the world. We are alert and sensitive to the cultural differences and varying legal systems that exist and we offer the insight that enables our clients to operate across borders or move into new markets with increased confidence.
Recent work examples
- Acted for a pioneering technology company based in Cambridge specialising in embedded analytic technology for systems-on-chips in connection with licences to a well-known Chinese electronics manufacturer, a US based producer of electric vehicles and an internationally known social media platform.
- Acting for a provider of an electronic flight operations system to airlines, an international logistic provider and air-to–air refuelling suppliers, in connection with the delivery of services across Europe, Middle East and Asia.
- Advised an international offshore and onshore contractor for oil, gas and renewable energy products and services in connection with a significant contract for the supply of a rig upgrade package to a Malaysian company for a rig located in Angola.
- Advised an industry leading diamond and tungsten carbide power tool accessory manufacturer, in connection with the supply of its products to two leading tool manufacturers (in the US and Germany respectively) for distribution worldwide.
- Acted for a specialist in complex multi-stage synthesis, formulation, blending and packing of chemicals in connection with a supply agreement with a worldwide crop protection product distributor for the supply of chemicals to Germany.
- Represented BullGuard Ltd a worldwide anti-virus and internet security software company on the appointment of multiple distributors and resellers around the world.
- Advised a leading innovator in the development of specialist polymers and biocompatible materials for medical applications on a manufacturing and supply agreement with a US based manufacturer of monitoring equipment for coating sensors for internal deployment in the human body.
- Acted for a DNA profiling and reporting company regarding the set-up of a distribution network and accompanying documentation for its DNA profiling and epigenetic profiling services and products for distribution around the world.
- Advised a Cambridge based digital printing company on a development and supply agreement with a Chinese joint venture partner for inkjet printing technology to be used for the dying of textiles.
- Acted for a well-known American food manufacturer and distributor in connection with media services framework agreement covering the UK, France, Poland and other jurisdictions.
- Advised a worldwide leader in the provision of both online and offline services for the supply of English language testing services in multiple locations around the world.
- Acted for an Education technology provider in connection with the commercialisation of an on line lesson platform in this jurisdiction as well as the USA and Asia.
- Acting for a global provider of end-to-end satellite communications solutions in connection with exclusivity arrangements and a proof of concept agreement with a South East Asian airline for the delivery of a cockpit and cabin in-air connectivity and communication project.
- Represented a global marine automation and integrated ship solutions supplier on the supply agreement for equipment to be used in submarines by an international navy in East Asia.