- Other Information
Lucy joined Birketts in April 2021. She is an MCILEx Lawyer in the Property Litigation Department.
Lucy has experience in advising private individuals on a range of contentious property matters including:
- Equitable disputes in the family / domestic sphere
- Co-ownership disputes including claims under Trusts of Land and Appointment of Trustees Act 1996 (TOLATA)
- The validity of declarations of trust
- Adverse possession applications
- Residential possession proceedings (section 8 and section 21)
- Tenancy agreement drafting and advice
- Covenant advice
- Boundary disputes
Lucy has worked in legal practice since 2017 and, prior to starting Birketts, gained significant practical experience working in the Civil Litigation Department of a local firm.
Lucy is a member of Resolution (a national network of family lawyers committed to the constructive resolution of family disputes).
Lucy is studying for her CILEx qualifications alongside working full time and is currently an Associate member of the Chartered Institute of Legal Executives, having completed her Level 3 Diploma in Law and Practice in 2020. Lucy is now working towards her Graduate Level 6 Diploma in Law and Practice, which is due to be completed in 2023.
In addition to advising clients of Birketts and her studying, Lucy also undertakes pro-bono work for the Suffolk Law Centre.
Lucy is on maternity leave.