Bernadette joined Birketts in 2004. She is a Partner in our Dispute Resolution Team and undertakes a range of contentious work in addition to her specialist area of contentious trust and probate. Bernadette qualified as a Solicitor in September 2004.
She is a member of ACTAPS - the Association of Contentious Trust and Probate Specialists and regularly advises and acts for beneficiaries and executors in relation to:
- entitlement under the Inheritance (Provision for Family and Dependants) Act 1975
- will disputes arising from allegations of undue influence, lack of testamentary capacity, invalid procedure or fraud
- executors responsibilities
- negligently drafted wills
- personal liability of trustees
- applications for the substitution and removal of personal representatives
- contested powers of attorney
- applications to the Court for directions, accounts and inquiries.
Bernadette provides initial advice and assessment without charge, particularly in the area of potential Inheritance Act claims and can offer a range of funding options.
Bernadette is based in our Norwich office.