Paul was admitted as a Solicitor in August 2006 and joined Birketts in 2014. He is a Legal Director in our Corporate and Commercial department.
Paul is one of East Anglia’s leading commercial lawyers and has a wide variety of experience across a number of sectors. Paul specialises in technology work (including advising on digital transformation projects, knowledge transfer partnerships and the commercialisation of intellectual property rights) and the health sector (including advising on NHS standard contracts and alliance contracting).
Paul has significant in-house experience having worked for a top tier international provider of consultancy and support services for the automotive industry (where he documented service provision and launched projects in various European jurisdictions for original vehicle manufacturers).
Paul enjoys speaking at conferences and drafting a spectrum of commercial documentation including service level, distribution, outsourcing and other trading agreements.
Recent examples of Paul’s work include:
- Acting for BUUK, a leading provider of last-mile utility networks, in connection with various contractual matters including the formation of a strategic partnership with Sky.
- Acting for a provider of an electronic flight operations system to airlines and international logistic providers, in connection with the delivery of services across Europe, Middle East and Asia.
- Acting for a leading leisure brand in regard to a digital transformation programme of its customer facing platforms and processes including refreshing its digital capability. This included negotiating with several component suppliers in connection with the purchase of hardware, SaaS platform licences, support services and API development.
- Acting for an innovative health technology company in connection with an IT consultancy agreement with a leading pharmacy, which included agile software development of a patient facing solution to support medicines and appointment management and repeat prescription journeys.
- Acting for leading EPIC (engineering, procurement, installation and commissioning) provider in connection with a complex marketing services agreement for end-to-end propositions with one of the world’s largest EPC contractors.
- Acting for a leading technological innovator within the global pharmaceutical and healthcare industries in connection with the development of pioneering virtual reality and augmented reality tools.
Paul is based in our Norwich office.