- Other Information
Prior to joining Birketts, Beth completed her Legal Practice Course with distinction at BPP Law School in Cambridge. She then trained and worked in-house for Suffolk County Council. She has a strong focus on planning and highways law with experience in civil litigation. She deals with planning, highways and infrastructure matters including appeals, objections, development consent orders, section 106 planning agreements, section 278 highway agreements, section 38 highway agreements and planning enforcement. She is also well versed in section 104 drainage agreements. Beth acts for local authorities and developers across the private and public sector. She recently completed her masters degree in planning law which focused on section 106 agreements and the Community Infrastructure Levy.
Below are some examples of transactions she has been involved with:
- Acting for both landowners and statutory undertakers on a number of development consent orders across the country in relation to NSIPs.
- Acting and advising a local authority on bespoke affordable housing provisions.
- Acting in relation to a section 106 agreement for a development of 170 dwellings, public open space, and Class A1, A3 and B1 employment uses and associated infrastructure and landscaping.
- Acting for housebuilder clients in relation to highways and drainage agreements for large redevelopment sites.
- Acting on behalf of a residents group objecting to telecommunication infrastructure
- Acting and advising on certificates of lawful use.
- Providing advice on the community infrastructure levy to individuals and companies.
- Acting for a private developer for a number of bespoke agreements in relation to self-build developments.
- Providing advice in relation to Tree Preservation Orders.
Outside of work, Beth is a keen bootcamper and is currently perfecting her stand up paddle boarding skills.