Birketts is a full service, top 100 UK law firm. With a rich heritage spanning over 150 years we’ve built an enviable track record advising businesses, institutions and individuals in the UK and internationally.
Operating from offices across East Anglia and London, the firm shares a common culture and approach to service delivery. Over 800 people are engaged in the business and our lawyers and support staff all have a shared commitment to deliver the best possible outcome for our clients. We are large enough to provide specialist expertise in most areas of the law, but not at the expense of maintaining a personal and tailored service.
Our unrivalled reputation for providing high quality legal advice and client service has resulted in the firm regularly achieving high level legal awards.
We are flexible about everything except our reputation for maintaining the highest professional and ethical standards.
Key facts and figures
- Full service law firm with core business divided into four main disciplines - corporate and commercial, commercial property, commercial and personal litigation and private client.
- Established in 1863.
- Offices in Cambridge, Chelmsford, Ipswich, London and Norwich, – a dynamic approach to growing our practice.
- Over 800 staff including 93 Partners – large enough to provide specialist skills in most areas of the law, but small enough to maintain a highly personalised service.
- A member of IAG Global - an international network of independent lawyers, accountants, tax and business advisors, providing our clients with access to counsel across most jurisdictions throughout the world.
- Turnover of £69.2m in the financial year ending 31 May 2021.
- Accredited with the Law Society’s practice management quality standard - Lexcel.
- ISO 9001, ISO 14001 and ISO 27701 accredited.
- A corporate management structure with a non-lawyer CEO.
Annual Review 2020/21
"The 2020/21 year will be rightly remembered for the COVID-19 pandemic and little else. With disruption on a global scale, everyone has had to find a way of adapting to meet the challenges posed, and Birketts has been no different. As a firm, I am immensely proud of the effort we have gone to in taking the greatest possible care of our colleagues, our clients and our communities." Jonathan Agar, CEO at Birketts.
Download a copy of our Annual Review for the financial year 2020/21.
If you feel that we can assist you with your legal requirements we would love to hear from you. Please visit the relevant area of our website for the most appropriate lawyer or complete our contact us form.
Full details of our offices can be found on our locations page.