Birketts is a full service, top 100 UK law firm. With a rich heritage spanning over 150 years we’ve built an enviable track record advising businesses, institutions and individuals in the UK and internationally.
Operating from offices across East Anglia and London, the firm shares a common culture and approach to service delivery. Over 700 people are engaged in the business and our lawyers and support staff all have a shared commitment to deliver the best possible outcome for our clients. We are large enough to provide specialist expertise in most areas of the law, but not at the expense of maintaining a personal and tailored service.
Our unrivalled reputation for providing high quality legal advice and client service has resulted in the firm regularly achieving high level legal awards.
We are flexible about everything except our reputation for maintaining the highest professional and ethical standards.
Key facts and figures
- Full service law firm with core business divided into four main disciplines - corporate and commercial, commercial property, commercial and personal litigation and private client.
- Established in 1863.
- Offices in Cambridge, Chelmsford, Ipswich, London and Norwich, – a dynamic approach to growing our practice.
- Over 700 staff including 72 Partners – large enough to provide specialist skills in most areas of the law, but small enough to maintain a highly personalised service.
- A member of IAG Global - an international network of independent lawyers, accountants, tax and business advisors, providing our clients with access to counsel across most jurisdictions throughout the world.
- Turnover of £58.4m in the financial year ending 31 May 2020.
- Accredited with the Law Society’s practice management quality standard - Lexcel.
- ISO 27001 accredited.
- A corporate management structure with a non-lawyer CEO.
Annual Review 2019/2020
Our 2019-2020 financial year has drawn to a close and despite the uncertain geo-political environment
in the first half of the year, coupled with the current COVID-19 global pandemic in the last quarter, it was another year of growth and progress for the firm.
Download a copy of our Annual Review for the financial year 2019/2020.
If you feel that we can assist you with your legal requirements we would love to hear from you. Please visit the relevant area of our website for the most appropriate lawyer or complete our contact us form.
Full details of our offices can be found on our locations page.