Solicitors in Ipswich
Birketts is widely-regarded as one of the top tier law firms in Ipswich. We have had an office in Ipswich since its formation by Benjamin Birkett in 1863 and our Ipswich address in Museum Street is also our registered office.
Watch our short video to discover how Birketts can help you.
Of a total staff of over 550, approximately half of them are based in the Ipswich office. Our excellent team of lawyers and solicitors in Ipswich specialise in the full range of services across corporate and Commercial Law, Dispute Resolution, Property Law, Agricultural Law, Employment Law, Wills and Estate Planning and Family Law. It is also the base for our specialist Criminal Corporate Defence, Construction, Charities and Debt Recovery teams. Its proximity to the ports of Felixstowe and Harwich also make it the ideal location for our rapidly growing shipping and logistics solicitors team.
Birketts is recognised as one of the top UK law firms
Legal 500 [UK 2016]
- The only Ipswich solicitors ranked in the top tier for Commercial Property.
- One of only two regional firms ranked in the top tier for Licensing, Health, Dispute Resolution and Banking and Finance.
- Robert Howard is named as the only leading individual for Debt Recovery.
- Ranked in band 1 for Agriculture, Banking and Finance, Charities, Dispute Resolution, Commercial Property, Construction, Corporate and Commercial, Crime (general and fraud), Debt Recovery, Education, Employment, Environment, Family, Health, Health and Safety, Insolvency, Licensing, Private Client, Planning, Property Litigation and Transport and Shipping.
Chambers [UK 2015]
- More top tier rankings in Ipswich than our competitors.
- More overall rankings than other solicitors in Ipswich.
- Our Ipswich solicitors have more individual rankings than our competitors.
- The only Ipswich solicitors ranked in the top tier for Family and Matrimonial, Litigation, Private Client, Real Estate, Construction, Licensing and Real Estate Litigation.
- Home to the only top tier ranked solicitors for Banking and Finance, Family and Matrimonial, Licensing and Real Estate in Ipswich.
The firm’s operational management team is based in Ipswich under the direction and leadership of our CEO Jonathan Agar. James Austin, our Senior Partner, is also based in Ipswich.
As solicitors in Ipswich the community is very important to us. We operate a charitable fund – The Birketts Charitable Fund – administered by the Suffolk Community Foundation and support a number of locally based charitable projects.