The onset of the coronavirus has created an unprecedented (in peace time) environment of restriction of movement which will impact significantly on how businesses operate.
Business leaders / key decision makers are faced with considerable challenges in identifying how their businesses will function going forward in these uncertain times.
The team at Birketts are experts at providing advice on business critical issues and can provide guidance on the key issues that will need to be considered by every business as it seeks to put in place a plan to navigate the current scenario.
We have considerable experience of dealing with difficult issues and have a proven track record of assisting our clients to achieve the best outcome possible at a sensible cost.
We also have excellent relationships with tested, trustworthy and effective insolvency practitioners / rescue teams that we can introduce you to.
We will work with you to help you understand the processes and the potential solutions.
Please contact us to discuss any issues that concern you including the following:
Advice on contracts
- Do they remain valid?
- What is the obligation to perform?
Advice on Directors duties
- Explanation of the duties of the directors to an organisation’s stakeholders/creditors
- Advice on the decision to continue trading
- Advice on prohibited/antecedent transactions
- Advice on service of statutory demands/presentation of winding up petitions
- Negotiations with creditors
- Urgent applications (including validation orders)
Landlord and tenant issues
- Tenant default
- Dealing with insolvency practitioners
- Negotiations with landlords
- Advice relating to consultation with employees
- Redundancy process systems
Advice to insolvency practitioners
- Advice on all aspects of insolvency processes
The content of this article is for general information only. It is not, and should not be taken as, legal advice. If you require any further information in relation to this article please contact the author in the first instance. Law covered as at March 2020.