Louisa is a Senior Associate commercial property lawyer. With a background of many years working on a wide variety of commercial property matters, Louisa is a member of our Charities Team, specialising in advising charities and other not-for-profit organisations (including those in the public sector) in their dealings with land and property.
Louisa’s practice includes:
- Buying and selling charity land and property for investment or occupational purposes.
- Compliance with charity law and good decision making practice.
- Strategic development.
- Selling charity land for development, including overage, options and promotion agreements.
- Charity retail portfolio management.
- Landlord and tenant issues.
- Gifts/legacies of land and property to charities.
- Advising on permanent endowment and designated land, including in the context of charity incorporations and mergers.
- Questions of land ownership, charitable trusts, trusts of land, reconstruction of title and first registrations at Land Registry.
Louisa is a member of the Charities' Property Association, the Charity Law Association and speaks on charity property at sector events, including at Birketts events. Louisa also regularly writes articles on topical issues, including for the firm’s newsletters Room With a View, aimed at property professionals, and Essential Trustee – aimed at charity trustees and senior managers.
Louisa is named in Legal 500 [UK 2021]. Here, one client notes ‘Louisa Saunders has led on the property side, taking the matter forward deftly and proactively, and providing clear, digestible advice for client colleagues'.