Cameron joined Birketts in March of 2018. He is a Partner in our Commercial Property Team and is head of the firm's Real Estate Investment sector group, which is one of the largest groups of specialist real estate investment lawyers operating outside London. The team has extensive experience of dealing with high-value portfolios across the UK on behalf of some of the most respected and prestigious real estate investors globally.
Cameron is responsible for managing several key client relationships, including those with Alternative Income REIT Plc, M7 Real Estate Ltd, Oxford Properties Group, Westbrook Partners and Realty Income Corporation.
He has two decades of commercial real estate experience, having trained and practised with a major international City law firm for the first five years of his career. Cameron then spent over ten years in the London office of a leading US law firm, advising on numerous high-value and complex real estate transactions.
Cameron is experienced in the full range of commercial real estate matters, including acquisitions and disposals, financings, leasing, management work, joint ventures and development.
Birketts won Legal Team of the Year at the Estates Gazette Awards 2019 and is nominated for Legal Team of the Year at the Estates Gazette Awards 2021.
Example deals acted on by the Real Estate Investment Team in the last 18 months:
- £300m acquisition and financing of retail warehouse portfolio.
- £150m acquisition of two Tesco superstores.
- £130m acquisition and financing of 28 industrial estates.
- £100m acquisition of four B&Q superstores.
- £75m sale of industrial estate.
- £51m acquisition of Tesco superstore.
- £40m acquisition and financing of three office buildings.
- £38m acquisition of student accommodation block.
- £37m acquisition of four industrial estates.
- £30m acquisition of Sainsbury’s supermarket.
- £28m acquisition of business park.
- £16m acquisition and financing of four industrial and office assets.
- £15m acquisition of Lidl supermarket.
- £11m acquisition of industrial estate.
In the past year or so clients have commented of the Real Estate Investment Team that:
“We have found the Birketts team to be a breath of fresh air and their exceptional performance has been a real boost for our UK Funds.”
“Birketts has one of the largest and most successful property practices outside London and is rightly acknowledged as a market leader.”
“Of all the organisations and all the major law firms I have worked with, Birketts has been perhaps the most focussed on the relationship….I’m delighted with the services that we’ve had, I’m delighted with the quality of the input that we had from all the lawyers.”
Cameron is based in our Norwich Office.