Seamus joined Birketts in July 2021 and is based in our London office. He qualified as a Solicitor in October 1998.
Described as “knowledgeable, practical and collaborative” in the Legal 500 UK 2021 directory and a former Partner at an East Anglian law firm, Seamus has spent part of his career working in London and establishing a wide array of contacts in the city and across Essex. With more than 20 years’ experience in corporate law, Seamus has an intricate understanding of corporate finance, reorganisations, management buy-outs, joint ventures, shareholder arrangements and mergers and acquisitions.
Earlier editions of the Legal 500 UK and Chambers and Partners note that Seamus is “an extremely personable individual”, through his “hard work and hands-on approach, he is able to achieve excellent results for his clients” and that he is “truly an extension of his client’s business and makes himself available 24/7.”
His experience has covered various sectors, including, leisure and hospitality, travel, motor, renewable energy, manufacturing, engineering and distribution.
Seamus also has considerable experience in international cross-border M&A and corporate advisory work, covering a broad spectrum of international businesses.
Examples of the work undertaken by Seamus include:
- Management buy-out in the UK construction sector;
- Joint Venture in the European medical sector;
- Reorganisation of UK group and assets of international distribution, haulage and transport group as part of worldwide merger;
- Reorganisation of UK construction group;
- Sale of UK manufacturing client to US buyer;
- Sale of 50% of UK food producing group to Chinese buyer;
- Advisory role for UK client negotiating with Cabinet Office for the production of ventilators for COVID patients;
- Sale by UK renewable energy client of various SPVs and Capacity Market Agreements to UK energy fund;
- Joint venture in UK hotel sector; and
- Various acquisitions for client in UK travel sector.