Birketts’ highly experienced IP experts have extensive understanding and experience of giving first class legal advice to clients from a range of sectors and industries and of varying sizes, from small start-ups to PLCs.
- Advise on all aspects of intellectual property rights
- Specialists in contentious and non-contentious intellectual property law
- Strong international links to ensure global reach for client’s needs
- Dedicated trade marks and branding team
- What is required to secure ownership of intellectual property developed by others either by way of contract, employment or joint venture;
- Advise on all aspects of the commercial exploitation of IP and restructuring of IP within commercial groups and entities;
- The preparation of the necessary documents to be able to share their IP; use other parties’ IP (either together or separately); disposal or acquisition of IP; record joint ventures and the position of any IP brought in by either party and any IP created during the venture;
- Management and strategy of IP, including trade mark portfolio management both nationally and internationally (the latter through agents abroad);
- We act for clients in the Registry, IPEC and High Court both as claimants and defendants. Whilst we ensure that all steps are taken to protect our client’s position we also ensure we achieve commercially viable outcomes.
- Our team handles disputes arising from the enforcement, defence and validity of trade marks, domain names, copyright, design rights, patents and database rights; and
- Dealing with breach of confidence and taking of IP and confidential information (including know-how) by former employees.
We produce a variety of newsletters covering changes in legislation, topical news and issues affecting our clients. You can download the latest issue of Upload, our newsletter for professionals with an interest in technology, from our newsletter page. If you would like to automatically receive future issues please register your details.
Extremely good team, very technically skilled. Great to work with.
Legal 500 [UK 2023]