Adam is a Partner in the Corporate Team. He is a specialist in corporate law and corporate finance, and focusses his practice on mergers and acquisitions, management buy-outs and private equity transactions. His broad experience of transactions covers both cross-border and UK-based deals. This extends to advising owner-managers, large corporates and private equity investors.
His experience has covered various sectors, in particular insurance, motor, engineering, retail, software, distribution, professional services and e-commerce, as well as transactions involving businesses in the construction, aviation and transport & logistics sectors.
Other areas of expertise are complex group reorganisations, all types of demergers, equity arrangements for business owners, and corporate governance advice.
"Particularly good M&A specialist Adam Jones" is recommended and named in the elite 'Leading Individual' list of lawyers nationwide by Legal 500 [UK 2020]. In previous editions he has been described as "knowledgeable" and "thoroughly professional and totally supportive from start to finish".
Adam is also ranked by Chambers [UK 2020]. He receives praise from sources for being "hard-working, bright and commercially minded".
During his career, Adam has advised on many M&A transactions, including the following:
- APP Wholesale – acting for the owners on its sale to Lord’s Trading Group.
- Motocaddy Holdings - advising the management team on their sale to Ethos Partners and their ongoing investment holding.
- Commcise Software – acting for the owners on the sale to Euronext NV and advising on their ongoing equity stake.
- Farsound Aviation - advising exiting and rolling management on the sale of the business to European-Asian private equity fund AGIC.
- P2P Mailing – acting for the owners on the initial sale to The Delivery Group, and then again in relation to the later on-sale to FedEx
- Ventrica – advising the founder on the investment in the business by Mobeus Equity Partners.
- AllClear Insurance Services – acting for the owners on the sale of the business to Synova Capital and advising on their roll-up investment.
- Briant Champion Long – advising the owners on its acquisition by global property advisory firm Colliers International.
- Alstons Upholstery – acting for the owners on its sale to Bangkok-listed TCMC.
Adam has been awarded a Distinction for his STEP Advanced Certificate in Famly Business Advising.
Prior to Birketts, Adam trained and worked as a qualified Solicitor at a multinational law firm.
Adam is based at our Chelmsford office.