Adam is a Partner in the Corporate Team. He is a specialist in corporate law and corporate finance, and focusses his practice on mergers and acquisitions, management buy-outs and private equity transactions. His broad experience of transactions covers both cross-border and UK-based deals. This extends to advising owner-managers, large corporates and private equity investors.
His experience has covered various sectors, in particular insurance, motor, engineering, retail, software, distribution, professional services and e-commerce, as well as transactions involving businesses in the construction, aviation and transport & logistics sectors.
Other areas of expertise are complex group reorganisations, all types of demergers, equity arrangements for business owners, and corporate governance advice.
During his career, Adam has advised on many M&A transactions, including the following:
- APP Wholesale – acting for the owners on its sale to Lord’s Trading Group.
- Motocaddy Holdings - advising the management team on their sale to Ethos Partners and their ongoing investment holding.
- Commcise Software – acting for the owners on the sale to Euronext NV and advising on their ongoing equity stake.
- Farsound Aviation - advising exiting and rolling management on the sale of the business to European-Asian private equity fund AGIC.
- P2P Mailing – acting for the owners on the initial sale to The Delivery Group, and then again in relation to the later on-sale to FedEx
- Ventrica – advising the founder on the investment in the business by Mobeus Equity Partners.
- AllClear Insurance Services – acting for the owners on the sale of the business to Synova Capital and advising on their roll-up investment.
- Briant Champion Long – advising the owners on its acquisition by global property advisory firm Colliers International.
- Alstons Upholstery – acting for the owners on its sale to Bangkok-listed TCMC.
Adam has been awarded a Distinction for his STEP Advanced Certificate in Famly Business Advising.
Prior to Birketts, Adam trained and worked as a qualified Solicitor at a multinational law firm.
Adam is based at our Chelmsford office.