Keith joined Birketts in 2011 and is a Partner in our Commercial Property Team.
He is experienced in all transactional matters and enjoys establishing long standing relationships with clients both local and further afield. His approach is calm and collaborative, identifying solutions if issues do arise and keeping deals on track.
His areas of expertise and work highlights include:
Work in Suffolk and its surrounding areas:
- Keith has lived in Suffolk all his life and is proud to work with many of the county’s most successful businesses assisting them with their property needs.
- He has worked on the acquisition of large parts of the waterfront in Ipswich for redevelopment.
- A notable instruction was the acquisition of a 40 acre plus agricultural site for long term site assembly.
- Another was acting for Hope Church on their acquisition and re-purposing of the 'old Odeon’ building in Ipswich.
- Keith also carries out all the letting work for a landlord with a large industrial estate in Stowmarket.
- Keith is exclusively instructed by a number of national and international retailers including American Vintage, Radley and UGG.
- He deals with premises on the high street as well in retail parks, full price shopping centres and prominent factory outlets including Bicester Village, Braintree Village, Gunwharf Quays and York Designer Outlet to name just a few.
- Keith has particular expertise in carrying out site and portfolio re-gearing.
- Keith acts for one of the world’s most prominent co-working / serviced office providers.
- Lettings are predominately of new and re-furbished grade A office space in London and other large cities.
- Keith is experienced in negotiating agreements which deal with such things as capital contributions, landlord and tenant work provisions, pre-emption, exclusivity, guarantees and building management.
Real estate finance:
- Keith is the lead contact in Birkett's Ipswich office for real estate finance, both acquisition and development finance.
- He acts for the majority of the high street lenders on panel appointments, as well as newer entrants to the market.
- Instructions range from loans of less than £100,000 secured against single trading sites to multi-million pound loans secured against large portfolios of investment properties.
- Keith’s familiarity with different lender’s requirements means he is also well placed to help borrowers and one borrower side instruction was the re-financing of a residential portfolio of more than 125 properties.
Corporate support and other specialisms:
- Keith works closely with the firm’s corporate teams and is well versed in the requirements of asset and share transactions.
- He undertakes asset management work which has included the disposal over several years of a multi-million pound pension trust portfolio.
- Keith also works with NHS bodies and a notable instruction was the acquisition and letting of the newly built Sudbury Community Health Centre.
Keith is based at our Ipswich office.